Monday, April 18, 2011

Can you give me a quote?



Sometimes when I'm lost for words, I search for others words to use instead.  I love Dr. Seuss.  I think he was wise beyond his century. He is entertainment for all ages and finds a way to say things comically and eloquently.  I like him despite his potential grudge against the 'hoos in 'hooville. :) So while it's hard for me to pick my favorite author, comedian, politician, actor, comedian, business man, etc etc. for quotations I would recommend, I'll start you all off with my love for Dr. Seuss (and then maybe we'll move to Thomas Jefferson or Mark Twain in another post re: quotations?). 

"All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something 

you'll be quite a lot!"  -Dr. Seuss


Often I turn to quotations.  I LOVE quotations!! And I highly  recommend them.  Sometimes I find that someone else expressing my feelings in a simple phrase or a common adage is helpful for me to express myself, or more often, to inspire me.  You know how teachers seem to always say, 'your paper does  not have to be long; I rather you convey your meaning, if possible, in one sentence than a whole page."  That's what I think common and famous quotations are generally good for.  

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." - Dr.  Seuss

So since it's helpful for me when I'm feeling lost for words or hankering for inspiration or a more eloquent way to phrase my thoughts, I share with you this helpful tool and encourage you to do some perusing of quotations from time-to-time.  


"I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone."   - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment