Thursday, May 5, 2011

CINCO DE MAYO!!!


Happy Cinco de Mayo!  But actually.... I don't really know the purpose of Cinco de Mayo.  Is it just to drink alcohol?... because that's kind of the gist I'm getting.  No, but really...why does everyone celebrate it? I mean I <3 love <3 May so I would understand if this holiday just evolved to a drunken celebration of the best month of the year!! (hint: my birthday may or may not be this month).  But... Wiki says this holiday is:  "The date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride,[5] and to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinco_de_Mayo).  

What?  There are a LOT of holidays that celebrate war victories, ethnic pride, etc.  What's the deal with Cinco de Mayo?  In my confusion and misunderstanding of this holiday I accidently celebrated St. Patrick's Day (j/k that's just how it turned out on my dinner plate), with turkey sausage (not organic...:/), cabbage, and mashed potatoes:



It was also a night for wine.  I'm not a big fan of white wine, but I gave it a try and it's nicely warming my tummy as I post.  :) 

In other news I had a great run.  8.39 mile pace and 2.78 miles.  That's really good for me, considering I never really ran more than a year ago.  I'm pretty proud of myself so I thought I'd post about it.  

But that's all folks, another busy day and not enough time to post something that is more intriguing.  MLIA. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW you're fast! I need to get back into running...

    ReplyDelete