Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First time for everything

So.... I'm kinda a mental nut case when it comes to running.  If someone passes me I suddenly feel way more tired.  If my running partner stops, I have to stop too.   Running has been a particularly challenging activity for me since I started doing it a little over a year now.  So far I've never been able to successfully run by myself, I've always been hampered by needing to find a running partner to be able to complete a successful workout.  One time I tried (last year) but I convinced myself it was too hard and painful halfway down the street and stopped (which was probably less than a half mile).  But today, ladies and gentlemen, I ran by myself for the first time.  My pace was a little slower than I've been running the past couple weeks, but only a little slower (8.56 min/mile pace)....and I'm going to blame the hills.  I felt like there was more, oh! and!  I ran farther than I've been running.  Monday my running partner and I ran about 3.3 miles (though we had to stop in the middle because I had a side stitch sent straight from the devil himself) and today I ran 3.8 miles without stopping. [It was clearly a hard workout for me as my average heart rate was: 179 and my max was 192, haha!]  woot! woot!  I'm giving myself a gold star.  The only bad thing was when I got home for my reward I remembered I ran out of ovaltine yesterday...so I didn't get the reward I truly deserved.  I'll have to stop at the store and get some more for my post-workout reward tomorrow!

Here is my run, courtesy of mapmyrun.com:



Good luck to all of you on this beautiful day (on the east coast) with your workouts or various outside activities.

As far as food-- I've still be chowin' down on the lasagna I made on Sunday (see: Sunday cookin')

With different sides:
Lasagna with Spinach salad with beets, almonds, garbanzo beans and Newman's Own Light Balsamic dressing 

Lasagna with cabbage and mashed sweet potato

**Note**  best way to prepare cabbage (I ask Megan ever single time I make cabbage so I should probably write it down somewhere....***
Saute cabbage in a pan with a little EVOO and add onion, garlic, pepper, spices (I added Mr. Dash Carribean seasoning).  When wilted well add some water and cook a bit more.  Drain water and add a splash or two of apple cider vinegar. yum! 

On a different note I spilled my nutritional yeast all over the kitchen floor.  Almost half the bottle!!! when I was preparing my savory oats.  How sad, I almost cried, but I held in there.

1 comment:

  1. mmm that looks yummy! I hate when things spill on the floor. And aweeeesome run!

    ReplyDelete