Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunday Cookin'


I wanted to leave this in a different post than my Mother's Day post because it would have been really long had I not.  :)

I made this awesome dish for dinner (though I made it at noon so I cannot tell you how good it is yet).  I got it from Ari's blog post: http://thediva-dish.com/2011/04/30/a-far-from-royal-life/

Even though you can find the ingredients/directions in the post from the link above, I will repost ingredients and instructions, along with my pictures from the creation of this meal, but again check out the above link for the original!!

It's called: Layered Couscous Eggplant and Zucchini Casserole.

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant (w/o skin) thinkly sliced
1 large zucchini thinly sliced
3/4 can of tomato sauce
1.5-2 cups prepared couscous
2 TBS prepared pesto

(prepared pesto: 
.5 cups basil
1.5 TBS evoo
1 TB parmesan cheese
1 clove minced garlic
instructions:  put all ingredients in food processor, add oil as appropriate for desired texture)
1 can of Great Northern white beans (or navy beans)
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried oregan
1 tsp dried parsely
1 tsp paprika
2 TBS nutirional yeast
2 TBS EVOO
2 tsp chopped garlic

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 450.  On a greased baking sheet, spread sliced eggplant around and bake in the over for about 13-15 minute, or until wilted.
2.  While eggplant are baking, using a food processor (I had to make this two steps b/c my blender wasn't good enough to do this, but my food processor was too small-- so I blended it till it was small enough for my mini food processor).  Blend beans, spinach, basil, spices, nutritional yeast, EVOO, and garlic until creamy, set aside.


3.  In a separate bowl, add couscous and pesto mix until combined.  Set aside.

4.  Take eggplant out and remove and assemble the rest of the ingredients to get ready to layer casserole dish.

5.  Start with a couple TBS of tomato sauce on the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
 6.  Then add layer of eggplant

7. Then add layer of bean spread

8. Then add layer of zucchini

9. Then add another layer of tomato sauce
 10.  Then add layer of couscous.
11.  Repeat, with couscous being the top layer.  Sprinkle the top with nutritional yeast.  Turn down oven temp to 425 and bake casserole for 30-40 minutes.
before oven

After done cooking

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G. my mouth is watering! I'm saving this in my bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete