Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I don't wanna know...

So have you heard of the new "life expectancy" test that is somewhat in its infancy (discovering this "life expectancy" measurement awarded three scientists a Nobel prize in 2009) but is already on the market in the U.S.! And might be an over-the-counter test in the UK soon enough, article about the telomere test.  I don't know, would you want to take it?  Supposedly this test tells you how biologically old you are and subsequently how long you might live given this information.  Now, I might need to tell you my birthday is tomorrow and I feel really old.  :(  In fact I was a little blue yesterday in the middle of a quarter life crisis.  I'm getting so old and I have so little figured out.  I watched a comedy skit the other day were the comedian made a point to say how funny it was that as a child he thought "grown-ups" actually existed.  Like a child would think to himself "ugh, this life is confusing, but at least when I'm grown up it'll all make sense" then he was at the grocery store and someone called him "sir" at the age of 25 and he thought to himself "%@$#^ I'm a grown up now? what a joke, no one has this life figured out, we're screwed!"  That made me laugh and resonated with how I feel a bit.

Back to the point.  Would you want to know?  I like thinking I have control over how biologically old I am and that eating and exercise can keep me healthy, I think I would be saddened to find out that my biology and that which I have inherited gives me little choice or control in the matter.   Tell me what you think.

Anyway, I also did my usual Sunday cooking.  I made two recipes from Cleaneatingchelsey.com so it should get me through most of this week (dinner and lunch) and both meals were DELICIOUS!!!  I couldn't decide on one because they both looked way too good.  One was much faster and the other was a bit more complicated-- both I highly recommend.

First:  Black Bean and Sweet Potato Casserole, you can find the recipe from her blog post here: Chelsey's post.

Here are my pictures of it:
Preparation before layering the casserole

After cooking. Yum!  
Second I made her "Cheesy" Chickpea Quinoa over Spinach, which again you can find on her blog here: Chelsey's blog.

Here are my pictures!:
Preparing the delicious feast!

The finish produce, sorry, you'll have to live with it being upside down :)
Other than that Megan got me officially addicted to savory oats so I haven't been being too adventurous other than that...haha.

Also, yesterday I ran 4 miles by myself.  My heart rate monitor (that also acts as my stopwatch) didn't work until about 5 minutes into the run, and since I am a very goal oriented person and wouldn't be able to get an accurate time for the run, it was a little disappointing....but I got over it and finished the run.  4 miles is pretty good for me so I'm excited.  It's suppose to rain all day tomorrow but if it let's up I'm going to try the run again (luckily I got the battery replaced to my heart rate monitor today!).

Over and out.  Peace.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!!!!!! Everything looks yum as usual :-) Cool that you found a new blog - I like the "clean eating" aspect. Did I tell you that I realized I think that's what I try to do?
    Oh and don't fret, in Human Behavior in the Life Course I learned that a lot of people don't put young adulthood ending until you reach 40! And i've met loads of people in their 30s who just as easily could have been in their 20s. I feel like getting older is just a realization that all the different ages aren't that much different than the one you're at. (Until your body starts to deteriorate)
    LOVE YOU! Oh, and awesome run!

    ReplyDelete