Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Too much to do, so little time...

Ah!  I feel like it's that time of the year when everything is happening all the time!  Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, but I feel a little pressed for time as well.  And unfortunately the blog is not on the tip-top of my priorities.  I don't have too much time to write an interesting post, but I did want to update some new delicious recipes I've made!!

Last week the Sunday meal that sustained me till Wednesday dinner, and I was eating it for lunch too! was:

 Peanut Chicken Soba Salad.  This was my first foray into Soba noodles.  And the verdict is in: worth it!  I'm definitely going to look for more recipes using this interesting buckwheat noodle.  This was a DELICIOUS meal and made great leftovers!



This week I made:   Orange Pan-glazed Tempeh (and Tofu) Recipe  I made it over red quinoa.  Pictured here:
I made this Monday night and it lasted me till tonight, this is what it looked like tonight!  (with a sweet potato and steamed broccoli-- did I mention I've ravenous lately??)

The new thing I've tried once so far (and will again tomorrow) is savory oats!!  I got this recipe from Megan, she made this for me kindly on Sunday morning.  It is also found on her blog.   Which you can get to at: eatmybeets.com, and the basic recipe here.

Savory Hot Cereal: (Hot cereal: [oats, rye, triticale, barley, golden flax]; with an egg, nutritional yeast, minced onion, basil, oregano, and mild chili sauce)


In other news, I'm trying to grow Basil and Cilantro.  I might pick up some other herbs at the farmers market this Saturday, we'll see.  I went out of town shortly after I bought my herbs and my Cilantro took a turn for the worst, I'm trying to revive it and I'll check back in to show you their progress!  Also, my workouts have been going fabulous, though I'm not sure how... I've been dying of allergies and hacking away as I run but it's not slowing me down or holding my gym workouts back so all is good and well here, just busy.

Until next time, be well.

2 comments:

  1. mmm everything looks so good! I've been ravenous lately too! I think it's a combination of losing sleep and feeling under the weather. I've eyed that orange tempeh recipe before. Was it delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good, but it could have been better (in fact, it WAS better as a leftover). There is something that I should adjust in the recipe to make it better but I can't put my finger on it. It was also slightly too sweet, def leave out the lime.

    ReplyDelete