Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 1

So I have a cold, I guess I got it Wednesday night and it still hasn't gone away.  I think it's more challenging my asthma now.  If I was not an asthmatic I bet I would feel a lot better today, but such is life.

Yesterday I didn't have much of an appetite.  But that might have been because I was drinking so much, and some of my drinks contained a high calorie content which could have curved my appetite for solids.  I basically was on a tea, orange juice, cranberry juice, airborne, emergen-c, vitamin, medicine diet.

But around 7-ish I decided my body probably needs a bit more nutrition/energy than the above provided so I decided to eat some solid food-- and I made it quite a big meal! A huge salad. It was mostly raw save the baby corn that was pre-cooked and from a can. (the can only listed 3 ingredients: corn, water, citric acid-- so I didn't find it too intimidating to put into my body).  Other ingredients were fresh and organic: baby spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, and tomatoes!  Is it just me or do organic vegetables taste better?  Moreover, I thought I was disinterested in cauliflower till last night. yum!  (Thank you Megan for insisting that it's good over and over again).

This is what sustained me yesterday:

Now I am starting the day with the goal to feel a little better tomorrow.  So, as "food matters" recommends.  I 'm going to drink two pints of water... and then see where the day takes me (it won't be taking me far from my bed, though).  My mood has improved so I think I'm starting to feel better! yay! 
 

1 comment:

  1. me want bed. Also - to answer your question about affording my eating, I only buy organic vegetables that are on the "dirty dozen" list. (Like tomatoes, peaches, leafy greens, bell peppers, potatoes, apples... there are more but I'm drawing a blank)

    ReplyDelete