Thursday, March 10, 2011

"There aren't enough days in a weekend."

"Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them."

I feel like I spend every week day looking forward to the weekend. In part it's probably a defense mechanism to deal with the day-to-day hustle and bustle that comes with the 9-5.  But then, just like THAT the weekend is over before you know it.  It's crazy to think that most of us spend more time with our work families than we spend with our biological families or our family of friends.  Then when the weekend does finally come the big question is: how do I spend it?!  It's the careful balance between alone time and friend time, and then which friends?  Then it's the decision of whether I should go out or stay in?  Eat out or eat in?  Try something new or try something tried and true.  Or, be a lazy bum and do absolutely nothing, which definitely has a lot of perks but probably makes the rainbow of a weekend vanish faster than a pot of gold.  

Today had me thinking a lot about the weekend.  Friends were going to come visit me but now can't make it because of the escalating gas prices which obviously have an effect on prices across various other products, ugh.  Today had me thinking about this weekend because today was the epitome of boring.  I took a training class and learned a little bit about myself.  I CAN NOT SIT STILL FOR LONGER THAN 3 HOURS! It was borderline torture.  

So to all of you out there in blogger world, enjoy the rainbow while it lasts. 

For the past two nights I've had relatively the same dinner:
Chicken sausage (filled with artichoke and spinach), rice leftovers, and red cabbage. 
Same thing but instead of rice- sauted spinach, roasted red pepper and mushrooms

For breakfast I made an egg in the hole (otherwise known as egg in the basket, or toad in the hole).  It was delicious!

Because I was at a boring training, I went out to lunch with a co-worker.  I went to Bodo's Bagels and had a Cleo Salad with Tofu.  It was delicious!
Good Eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment