Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 lbs Since Christmas

I weighed myself today, it's not an unusual thing for me to weigh myself but I almost do it out of habit.  It's like dreaming, I know I did it but I forget soon after what I really saw.  Today I took the number in with pride in comparison to the drastic difference sheer horror I felt post-Christmas vacation weigh-in.  I gained 10lbs over Christmas!  I am starting to believe it's a conspiracy, a societal conspiracy to get everyone fat for Christmas. (Perhaps the weight-loss companies/programs, natural/health food stores, and fitness and athletic clubs join forces and push cookies, candy canes, hot chocolate, fruitcakes, and eggnog so that their New Year profits increase exponentially after the post-Christmas-weigh-in-New-Years-Resolutions!) Everyone brings you something to eat.  Every single person at work delivers you a deliciously smelling plate of home-made cookies or chocolaty treats.  Breakfast is supplied daily leading up to Christmas vacation at work, and it isn't low calorie!  This year I guess I just indulged a little too much.  And yes, when I returned to the daily grind I did gasp at the number on the scale but I didn't exactly regret my Santa-like binge.  I enjoyed every second of my Christmas break.  I saw a lot of friends, I ate a lot of good food, I had a lot of fun with my family and I got a lot of R&R.  It happens, but this Christmas I'm going to make sure that I can enjoy myself, indulge, but still maintain my waist line.

Now <<<PAUSE FOR CELEBRATION>>>>

BINGO! BULLSEYE! HOME RUN! SCORE!!!!!!!

I made the yummiest dinner tonight and it was so quick and easy to make.  It was far superior to the previous halibut recipe I shared.  I made one serving and the recipe I used: halibut recipe is for 6 fillets.  So I just put the extra veggies in the fridge for my omelet tomorrow!

View the pics of the epic deliciousness!

Chopped Veggies for dinner and breakfast: zucchini, roasted red pepper, red onion,  baby bellows 
Veggies on top of halibut before it goes in the oven

THE MEAL! topped with tomato for the last 10 minutes of cooking

Also, vitamin update!  I haven't been sleeping enough lately and I haven't found a remedy to the problem.  I bought Melatonin at the grocery store today so I plan to take it tonight and see if it will work!

3 comments:

  1. dying to know how the melatonin worked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to know how your melatonin went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan! Sorry for the lack of response. I found it to be quite useful! My eyes couldn't even be distracted by the hilarity of a movie I was watching and I drifted to a nice relaxing sleep and was in great spirits the next day to make the most of it. I think I'm going to give it a few more testings to try and ensure it's not just placebo effect. I'll keep you updated. :)

    ReplyDelete