Monday, March 7, 2011

He loves me, he loves me not

I’m talking about exercise people, I pick off rose pedals about exercise.  Exercise is something I always want to talk about it, talking about it makes me think about it more, and consequently makes me reflect on whether I haven’t been treating it right, or doing it enough.  When I’m done with exercising, I keep looking forward to the next time I can go.  When I’m at work sometimes I lose focus thinking about what I will do at the gym that day.  And when I’m sick and I can’t go to the gym, it makes me want it so much more… or wait, can I?

My main problem right now is my asthma, which always accompanies my sicknesses and in fact seems to make my illnesses worse than the average non-asthmatic cold sufferer.   And studies do suggest that Upper Respiratory Infections are not ones you want to be working out with, in fact some studies show that after unusually intense exercise or chronically intense exercise one is actually at increased risk for upper respiratory infections (source).  I wonder if that’s why when I swam (what I deemed an unnecessary amount) I was almost chronically ill!!  but I’m interested to find that moderate exercise with after an “above the neck check” (symptoms are only above the neck- headache, stuffy nose, sore throat, etc.) is usually fine (article).   But many worn that even with the “neck check” one should not push themselves too hard,  ease slowly back into the usually workout routine, and make sure to get plenty of sleep (article1, article2).Good to know, maybe next time it’s just above the neck I’ll try it out—though, of course, it’s important to take every precaution not to spread  your germs so personally I’d stick to one machine and rub it down well after I’m done.

Now let me tell you all.  I've been eating some good food.  Last night I made a DELICIOUS dinner inspired by: recipe.  Which I also brought to work today for lunch, and will probably do again tomorrow.  It was super YUM!

Brown rice with baby corn, carrots, broccoli, roasted red pepper, mushrooms lots of random seasoning, agave, and mango salsa!!!!

Then for breakfast this morning I made the oatmeal that Megan perfected and passed along to me (though I haven't gotten as experimental as her...YET)
Steal cut oats with wild blueberries, flaxseed, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, and ground cloves. (Beverages: 2 pints of water before I consume anything else, then superfoods Odwalla smoothie, and hot tea)

Then for dinner tonight I had a supreme meal.  Turns out salsa was MADE to be eaten with fish.
Talapia with mango salsa and an organic salad! Yum

1 comment:

  1. oo that rice looks really good- are those chickpeas in it? And in regards to the working out thing - I pretty much always workout when I'm sick. Probably the only exception would be if I felt like I had the flu. (But that's not yet happened to me since I began working out on the reg round abouts 2 1/3 years ago)

    ReplyDelete