Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"If you don't have a smile, I'll give you one of mine."

Last night I was not a happy camper, so I'm quite relieved that today was better.  Sometimes sad movies are a little too effective and infiltrate into your REAL emotions.  Not cool, cinema, not cool But like I said, today was a g-r-reat day! Work was okay-- I saw and heard some adorable preschoolers.  They are so darn funny (when they aren't picking there noses or coughing without covering their mouths).  I finally went back to the gym!  I played with 5 adorable puppies.  I made a delicious dinner, and Modern Family is new tonight! Woo!

After leaving the preschool today, I pondered a bit and I wanted to share these thoughts with you. These preschoolers were honest, kind, and emotional.  They tried their hardest to be respectful while making sure their needs were met.  They were empathetic and supportive.  And the thing that hurts these 3-5 year olds the very most is the thought that one of their peers doesn't want to be their friend.  When does this change?  When does that cute little boy who ran over to help another little boy who fell off his chair get up, help him brush off, and give him a hug while asking about his well-being turn into the curmudgeon that many adults are today?  When does being nice become hard? When does what that little boy did become "gay" rather than sweet?  Why are most boys sweet but few men are? On another note, when does a little girl seeing a picture of an overweight girl and saying to the teacher, "hey, she looks like you!" become offensive?  Of course that teachers feeling were hurt, but that pain is conditioned into her and that child hasn't been brainwashed....yet.  When does this happen?!   I miss being a kid.

So my workout was obviously tougher than normal since I had not worked out in 2 weeks.  I did some cardio and then I lifted a bit.  I didn't feel AS out of shape as I was expecting but I still have some catching up to do.  Particularly because I developed a pretty strong wheeze which was not comfortable to work out with.  Seriously, cold, GO AWAY!!!!

Now time for the puppies-- the ultimate pick me up!






And now on to my delicious and organic dinner:
Organic chicken breast, red cabbage, roasted veggies (sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots)

4 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. Those puppies are sooo cute! I need to play with puppies. And your dinner looks delicious. Little kids are really so great in short bursts. It's interesting to think about how life progresses. I guess at that stage, progressing would be adaptive so that they can judge between who's actually going to have their best interests in mind and who isn't? But it's also interesting to think about later stages. I think that in 6th grade I started out crazy and lively and probably a little annoying but then each year I became more normalized until now when I still have a bit of the craziness but probably on a much less annoying level. Probably because of my interactions with the world?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea totally, interactions with the world change us, sadly. But maybe it's not necessarily progress? Because little kids are also the most resilient! They can be resilient during tragedies, hardships, and abuse. Adults are seemingly more effected and recover a lot slower. So is it progress? My point is-- I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha but there are just too many awesome things that little kids cannot experience. I think maybe little kids are more resilient because they don't have the same level of cognition as adults

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that is true. And they make lots of silly mistakes. They also lack inhibitions so they are more likely to die and henceforth need parents to care for them. Thanks for snapping me out of my nostalgia of childhood. Phew it's good to be an adult! :p

    ReplyDelete