Wednesday, March 23, 2011

HUMP DAY!

Wednesday is always a good day because Modern Family is on and it's the best TV show ever, and basically the only one I watch these days-- other than Fox & Friends in the morning.  :)  It's the best show I recommend it to all.

Today was my third day back into the swing of things post-cold-from-hell.  I already feel my body bouncing back.  On Monday I had trouble breathing 15 minutes into my run, today I had an easy breathing 23 minute run (we under-estimated our loop so when we returned to the start we just stopped, plus it was drizzling...).  I also hit the weights and that felt good.  But BOY my gluteus maximus is in pain!  Side squats really target the butt!! It's had me walking a little funny and having to hesitate before I sit down....ee gad!  (note: I'm a drama queen when it comes to pain).  Then yesterday I got in and swam and played water polo with the club team.  Egg beater (the way you tread and jump out of the water in water polo; simple explanation of egg beater) also is pretty demanding on the legs so I think it just added insult to injury.  It felt so good to be back in the water, I really miss water polo!

I have been eating leftovers all week which has been awesome and easy on the pocket book!  Today I cooked dinner for the first time this week.  I cooked Halibut with Herbs & Capers (Recipe) with steamed cauliflower and Brussels sprouts on the side.

Getting ready to food process the sauce:  parsley, cilantro, onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, green olives,  capers, evoo. 

Raw halibut filet with pesto-like sauce

Prepared meal with side

2 comments:

  1. Oo the meal looks quite cool. How did the fish taste? I need to start making more fish. I dunno what it is, but I just never cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish was good but it could have been better. Honestly I love fish but usually when someone else prepares it. haha.

    ReplyDelete